Since March all Sunday worship, devotions, sermons, sacred music and children’s worship resources, have been offered online. Here are some of the details that remain available through this time of concern about COVD-19.
- On Wednesdays at 1pm Rev. Dr. Clemot offers a one hour Bible Study over FacebookLive.
- On Sundays Worship continues to be broadcast on Facebook Live at 1oAM; however a small in-person worship service will be tested on September 20th. Participants must register in advance and comply with safety procedures. Sermons are posted on Rev. Clemot’s website (www.ellenclarkclemot.com) and on the church’s YouTube channel accessible here. Sermons are also uploaded onto the LAC website on Mondays.
- Sunday School has begun, taught virtually until January 31, 2021 at the earliest. LAC’s new Interim Director of Youth and Family Services Ekama Eni, will provide details in the coming days. You can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (914)834-1800 (ext. 306) for details.
- Douglas Kostner, Director of the Music Ministry, is exploring the return of the LAC handbell choir! This is a safe alternative to singing during the COVID-19 pandemic. Contact Douglas for more information. (914) 834-1800 x307 or email@example.com.
- The Men’s Bible Study will next meet on Thursday, September 24, at 9:00 a.m. via Zoom. Any
questions, please email Arthur Washington at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bible Study Fellowship: LAC is a host church for the Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) Westchester Women’s Day Group for the 2020-21 school year. The study this year is
Beginnings: A Study of Genesis. BSF meets via zoom on Thursday mornings at 9:30 a.m. beginning September 17th. To register or for more information, go to bsfinternational.org or
contact BSF/LAC liaison, Chrystal Chambers at email@example.com.
- Our pastoral care team is contacting congregants by phone and email.
- If you are homebound, anxious, or seeking prayer, please contact Rev. Clemot at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (914) 714-2686. We want to remain a pastoral presence in your lives and reassure you that your church continues to function together in Christ, even if we cannot meet together for a time. All of these plans were made from a place of precaution and not panic, and the intent of this communication is to share with you the decisions of our church leadership – we have made these decisions together, lay leaders and clergy, with the leading of the Holy Spirit in a time of uncertainty. We want to be prudent and keep you safe, while not neglecting our neighbors in need. We trust that we have found the right balance to accomplish these goals for the time being.
In times of uncertainty, it is important we stay connected, even if remotely. I encourage those who have not been able to attend worship to listen to the Sunday sermon posted on our website. The manuscript is available here.
I look forward to Bible study with you on Wednesday, and online worship this coming Sunday at 10am. LAC’s Session and staff will be evaluating our small test of in-person worship next Sunday and will keep you informed of any developments in our meeting policy or our mission projects. Until then, we continue to encourage members and friends to reach out to one another, paying special attention to those who might be most vulnerable to feelings of isolation and anxiety.
“…Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” – Joshua 1:9b
Yours in Christ,
Rev. Clemot, and the LAC Staff and Session