Welcome to Realm – Our New Online Connection-Maker!
LAC has moved to a new interactive church database called Realm, that serves the administrative needs of our staff and offers exciting opportunities for our congregants to connect with each other. We hope that Realm will make it easier for our church family to keep in touch, stay up-to-date with church happenings, and grow as a connected community of Christ.
Getting Started – Let’s Connect!
Stay connected to LAC wherever you go by joining our Realm network. To get started:
- Set up your Realm account by clicking on this link: onrealm.org/LarchmontAvenueChurch
• You will need to register for a new account, even if you accessed our old system, AccessACS, in the past.
- You can also download the free Connect – Our Church Community app for iPhone and Android devices. Once you are registered with Realm, you can use the app to communicate with your groups, RSVP to events, find contact information in the Church Directory, manage your giving, update your profile, and more.
• For iPhones or iPads
• For Android Phones
How does Realm work?
Realm makes it easy for us to connect any time. Its user-friendly platform looks and functions like Facebook (with stringent privacy protections). Realm is not a Facebook product.
Through REALM, we can share:
- News: Keep up-to-date with the latest announcements and LAC events.
- Posts: Share prayer concerns or volunteer opportunities with the whole congregation, or comment directly to your committee or Bible Study group.
- Photos: Capture special moments and share them with your committees.
- Events: See event details (date, time, location, etc), RSVP, and sign up.
- Files: Access committee minutes or a group’s shared files, all in one place.
- Chat and Email: Be in touch with committees or individuals through chat and/or email.
- Member Directory: See names and profile information of your fellow members, based on privacy settings (more on privacy below).
Using Realm for Giving
You can review your giving history, donate, make a pledge or check your pledge progress, print a contribution statement or set up a recurring gift. Realm offers a secure, easy-to-use online environment.
Ways to Give to LAC:
- Checks mailed to the LAC office.
- Online Gifts made on the LAC website
- Text “LarchmontAveChurch” to 73256
Protecting Your Privacy
Your information is protected by privacy settings.
- You have complete control over who can see your contact and personal information.
- Contact information is never public or searchable on the Internet. Any information you elect to make visible to your church family is always protected behind a login.
- Authorized staff will always have access to your profile information.
- You and certain authorized staff may update your profile information. In some cases, your group leader may update your contact information if you have made it visible to group leaders.
- For safety reasons, sharing contact and personal information for children under 18 is limited. Parents determine whether or not to display their child’s name in the church directory. Communications with a child under 18 (for example: updates about TGIF or SHIFT meeting times) will also be shared directly with the child’s parent or guardian.
- Children under 13 may not participate and will not be able to sign in.
By default, the viewing of your contact and personal information is limited to members of groups you are in, group leaders, and staff members. If you choose to, however, you can make your information visible to the entire church in the online directory portal. But if you prefer to be more private, you can customize how people see specific information.
Give us a call at (914)834-1800 (ext. 302) if you would like to schedule time for an overview with Marranda!
Realm has also created a comprhensive User Guide–here is a link!