This Sunday is the SOUPer Bowl of Caring! The Souper Bowl of Caring was started over 20 years ago as a way for communities to give back to food justice organizations in their local communities during a time when many other Americans experience the joy and abundance that comes with the “big game.”
During this season, we are partnering with the Larchmont Avenue Church Preschool to support the Larchmont Mamaroneck Hunger Food Taskforce. There are two ways to participate:
- As always, giving money is one of the best ways to support our local food partners. You may give online [LINK] by selecting “Souper Bowl” from the drop-down fund menu, or by sending a check to LAC, (Attn: Gloria Haq, Bookkeeper) with “Souper Bowl” on the memo line.
- We are asking our families to participate in LMHTF newest initiative by packing themed snack bags for their distribution on February 9th. These “Souperbowl Celebration” bags should be Ziplock (or equivalent) sandwich-sized bags so that they fit in the distribution bags and don’t add too much weight, and could include:
- a small packet of instant soup,
- a small sleeve of crackers,
- a small bag of cookies or a sweet,
- a bag of small snacks that people might eat while watching the big game,
- bags can be decorated with a sticker and/or ribbon and a simple note (“Hope you enjoy” or “Have a great day”).
We are looking for at least 30 families to make up 10 bags each, and we are almost to our goal! Please sign-up by replying to this message or sending me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) o confirm your participation. The bags can be dropped on in the collection boxes at the preschool, or in the LAC foyer by Monday, February 8th!
Interim Director of Youth and Family Ministries